RoOUG TechSession #37
februarie 27 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
On 27th February 2020,Romanian Oracle User Group prepared a new event dedicated to users of Oracle products and technologies. The session agenda:
Agenda va fi următoarea:
- 18:30 – 18:45 – Registration
- 18: 45 – 19:30 – Comparing Oracle Database Performance in the Cloud – Julian Dontcheff
- The presentation covers 2 main topics: (1) why to use Oracle Autonomous Database in the Cloud (2) how Oracle Autonomous Database performance compares to other major databases in the Cloud
- Julian Dontcheff is the Global Database Lead of Accenture and has more than 30 years of database experience. He is the first Oracle Certified Master in Europe (back in 2002) and he is also an Oracle ACE Director.
- 19:30 – 19:45 – Coffee Break – Socializing
- 19:45 – 20:30 – Python for Oracle Db Apps – Radu Parvu
- A practical introduction to the full-featured Python cx_Oracle interface for Oracle Database .We present cx_Oracle installation and configuration tips and shows how to use SQL and PL/SQL in applications for efficient data insertion and retrieval. Attend this session to learn bulk loading techniques and how to handle LOBs. Also find out how to write functional, high-performance database programs. For those who are already familiar with cx_Oracle, you will discover best practices for working with Oracle Database.
- Radu Parvu has over 19 years of experience in various database projects (mainly Oracle but other DBMS, too. Radu holds License (one degree over Bachelor) of Engineering in Technological Physics from University of Bucharest.
- Data migrations, database upgrades, backups, cloning and recovery
Oracle installation, configuration, patching and database tuning
Data Replication: Golden Gate, Advanced and materialized view replication
Very large databases and Enterprise Manager Grid Control (OEM 12c Cloud Control)
HA: Real Application Clusters & Oracle Data Guard Database design, Master data management, Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing: Exadata
ETL data: export/import, SQL*Loader and Oracle Data Pump MAA and DR: Maximum Availability Architecture and DR
The event will take place with the logistic support from: TBD –
You can submit for a place by sending an email to contact[la]rooug.ro with subject RoOUG TechSession #37 and specifing in body: Name, Surname, Company , Position, Phone