Meetup RoOUG Sesiunea Tehnica Nr 26 – 12 Iunie 2018
Pe 12 Iunie 2018, Romanian Oracle User Group a pregătit un nou eveniment dedicat utilizatorilor de produse Oracle, de data aceasta imbogatind formatul Techsession cu meet-up.
Agenda va fi următoarea:
- 18:30 – 18:45 – Înscriere participanți
- 18:45 – 19:30 An Oracle person Venturing into PostgreSQL – Speaker: Piet de Visser
- Piet is an experienced Database Consultant and DBA specializing in Oracle databases, High-Availability and troubleshooting.
He is in IT since 1987, works with Oracle databases since 1994.
Independent since 2013, he now looks for short-term or part-time consulting assignments.
Piet invests a lot of effort in maintaining a network of critical Oracle specialists worldwide
and is a regular speaker at international user group events and symposia.
Oh, and Piet has a preference for Simple solutions.Abstract: Based on a customer-question: Eehh…, Could you also do this with PostgreSQL ??
The answer was: Yes, We Can.
The customer made the choice (was forced) to start using PostgreSQL.
And here are a few things we discovered in the process.
It was interesting and rewarding.
- 19:30 – 19:45 Coffee/Tea break
- 19:45 – 20:30 How to improve you code, your database and your life. – Speaker: Martin Widlake
- Martin is an Oracle ACE Director and a member of the Oaktable Network. He has been working with Oracle technology since 1992, mostly as a performance and database design expert as well as a PL/SQL programmer. Martin is passionate about user groups and sharing knowledge, he presents regularly, both across the UK and internationally. He writes articles, has his own blog and is the editor of the UKOUG Oracle Scene magazine. He likes cats, beer and genetics.
Abstract: I’ve been working with Oracle tech for 25 years and I’ve been lucky enough to be successful at it – and yet I am slow at writing code, I make lots of mistakes and I keep forgetting syntax. So how have I managed to make a living as a consultant? Not only that but I’ve been fortunate enough to become an Oracle ACE director and be a member of the Oaktable Network? How?
I put it down to just a couple of things and this talk is about perhaps the most important – Instrumentation.
Using PL/SQL as the example, I will cover why Instrumentation is vital, why it is often missing (or in the wrong place), the wrong way to do it and the right way to do it.
- 20:30 – 21:00 Networking
Evenimentul se va desfășura cu sprijinul Deutsche Bank Global Technology.
Pentru a participa vă rugăm să vă înregistrați trimițând un email cu subiectul TechSession25-Inscriere la adresa firstname.lastname@example.org, specificând Numele , Compania, Telefon, Poziția Ocupata în companie (prin acest email va dati consintamantul ca datele dumneavoastra personale sa fie procesate de catre RoOUG in vederea organizarii de evenimente) sau puteti completa urmatorul formular: